Data Privacy Declaration
Effective as of 13th of September 2019.
1. Who We Are
The owner and operator of www.teamscope.io is Teamscope OÜ („Teamscope“); Poordi 1-33, 10156 Tallinn, Estonia; under the registry code 12871817. The email address of Teamscope is firstname.lastname@example.org; the telephone number is +372 53 302 919.
The data controller, in regard to personal data collected on http://www.teamscope.io and its related applications and services („Services“), is Teamscope. In this Privacy Notice, the pronouns “we”, “our”, etc. refer to Teamscope. The pronouns “you”, “your(s)” etc. refer to users of our Services.
2. Scope of Applicability
In this Privacy Notice, we explain how we collect, use and manage the personal data that we receive from users of the Services and under which circumstances we are permitted to pass this personal data to third parties. Personal data means data which can be assigned unambiguously to a particular person, either on its own or in connection with other data.
The Services may contain links to other services. The information practices or the content of such other services is governed by the privacy notices of such other services.
3. How, When and Why We Collect Personal Data
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
• Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of Services (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and services navigation paths);
• Information that you provide to us when registering with our Services (including your name and email address);
• Information that you provide to us when using our Services, or that is generated in the course of the use of those Services (including questionnaire answers and comments, and information about the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
• Personal information gathered through live chat on the Services;
• Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
The lawful bases we rely on for processing personal data are:
• Contract, in order to process personal data if you register to use our Services;
• Legal obligation to process personal data arising out of law and regulation (Equal Treatment Act § 25);
4. How We Use the Personal Data Supplied by You
Personal information gathered by us through our Services will be used for the purposes specified in this notice or on the relevant pages of the Services. We may use your personal information to:
• Enable your use of the Services;
• Analyse your questionnaire responses and create reports for you, your team and for your employer-based on those responses;
• Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
• Send you marketing communications relating to our business if you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
• Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
• Keep our Services secure and prevent fraud;
• Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Services.
We may use anonymized data based on personal information that you provide to us for the purposes of research and analysis.
5. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. We may share personal data with our contracted service providers in order to have them to provide services on our behalf or to ensure the quality of the information provided. Teamscope does not share, sell, rent or trade any personal data with third parties for their promotional purposes.
If you complete a questionnaire in the course of using our Services, we will not disclose your questionnaire responses to your employer or to any third party. We will only disclose reports based on those responses.
Personal information that we collect is stored on our web servers. We use cloud-based web services provided by Google Cloud Platform.
Our services may be integrated with third-party services. Details of such integrations are set out on our Services from time to time. If you choose to enable the integration of your account on our Services with any third-party service, then that may entail the supply of personal information to the third-party services provider. By enabling any such integration, you agree to the supply of that personal information to the relevant third party. Such third parties will act as data controllers in their own right in respect of any personal data supplied in this way.
We may disclose your personal information:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
• To the purchaser of any business or asset that we are selling.
6. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the EEA countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this notice. Our principal web servers are located within the European Economic Area. Some personal data may be sent to third parties located in the United States, but such entities are covered with the Privacy Shield (eg. Intercom).
7. Retaining personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept longer than it is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. If you delete your account on our Services, then shortly thereafter we will cease to store your information on our live web servers.
We retain back-ups of our live database for a period of up to 1 year, after which they are permanently erased. We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
If a candidate is not hired, the personal data (including the questionnaires and reports) of such candidate, shall be retained for a year according to the Equal Treatment Act § 25.
If there is a labour dispute arising out of the employment relationship, then the time-limit for retaining personal data (including reports and questionnaires) is four months as of the time the employee became or should have become aware of the violation of his or her rights and requested the deletion of the personal data.
8. Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Information sent to our web server from your browser, or from your browser to our web server, will be protected by encryption technology.
You are solely responsible for protecting your passwords and limiting access to your computer.
9. Your Rights
Please contact us using the contact details given under section 1, if you:
• Wish to access, confirm, correct, amend, update, supplement, anonymise, block or restrict the use of or delete your personal data;
• Object to the use of your personal data by us;
• Have questions regarding the processing of your personal data; or
• Wish to permit your personal data to be transferred by us to another person or company.
Not all the data subject rights are fully enforceable, so we shall give you notice as soon as possible of the status of your request. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond. If the request(s) if unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act. In case you want to file a complaint, the supervisory authority is Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (https://www.aki.ee/).
10. Automated decision-making
Our automated processing of personal data does not produce legal effects concerning our users. Decision made by the employers are not made solely based on our talent analytics program. Therefore, our Service is not subject to article 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
12. How to Get in Touch with Us
If you have any questions in connection with this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to exercise the rights detailed herein, please contact the following email address: email@example.com.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
Effective as of 13th of September 2019.
1. Cookies on the Website
The owner and operator of www.teamscope.io and its related applications and services (“Website”) is Teamscope OÜ; Poordi 1-33, 10156 Tallinn, Estonia; under the registry code 12871817. The email address of Teamscope is firstname.lastname@example.org; the telephone number is +372 53 302 919. The data controller, in regard to personal data collected on Website, is Teamscope.
In this Cookie notice, the pronouns “we”, “our”, etc. refer to Teamscope. The pronouns “you”, “your(s)” etc. refer to users of our Website. Below follows a description of the cookies used on our Website.
2. What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent from the corresponding web server when a user accesses Website and stored temporarily on the user’s hard disk. If this server is called up again by the same user, the user’s browser sends the previously received cookie back to the server. The server can evaluate the information obtained via this process in various ways.
There are two different types of cookies. The first is session cookies, which are saved only for the length of a single visitor session. This means that the cookies are immediately and automatically deleted when the Website in question is closed by the visitor/user. In contrast, temporary/permanent cookies are stored for an extended period of time or indefinitely on the user’s hardware.
3. How Does Teamscope Set Cookies?
Teamscope uses both session cookies and temporary/permanent cookies to render its services. When a user visits a service, cookies are sent to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s hard disk. These cookies help us make our service safer, more user-friendly and more effective. The cookies do not contain identifying data or any personal information about the user, which means that we cannot identify the person with the information obtained from the cookies.
4. How Can Cookies Be Managed in the Browser?
The “Help” function on most Internet browsers provides information on how to adjust your cookie settings. By doing so, you can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, receive a notification from your browser whenever a new cookie is set or disable cookies completely. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Website may no longer be accessible. Please note also that deleting the cookies set in your browser will also delete the settings related to the processing of your information by Teamscope or third parties; thus, if you delete the cookies stored in your browser, you will need to re-apply your desired settings for the processing of your information by Teamscope or third parties.
5. Individual Statistics and Tracking Services
Google Analytics: This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). You can prevent Google from collecting and processing data related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
You can prevent data from being collected by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This will set an opt-out cookie that prevents the collection of your data on future visits to this Website: Disable Google Analytics.
Intercom: This Website uses Intercom, a customer communication service from the United States of America. You can prevent the collection of the cookie-generated data pertaining to your use of the Website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Intercom by following this link and opting out: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#terms.
6. Amendments to the Cookie Declaration
We reserve the right to amend our Cookie notice as necessary. The amended version of the Cookie notice will always be published on our Website. Please check the relevant page regularly. Subject to applicable legislation, any changes will come into force as soon as the amended Cookie notice is published. If we have already collected data about you and/or are subject to a statutory duty to provide information, we will also inform you about any significant changes to our Cookie notice and ask you for your consent.